5 Things You Shouldn't Feed Your Baby


Feeding your baby solids is probably one of the big milestones in their lives. However, there are a few things you should not feed to an infant. Of course, things such as alcohol should be on the top of the list. However, we are going to tell you 5 things you probably did not know you should not feed.
1. Honey
Some may think that because honey is both natural and sweet, it is completely safe to give their babies. However, honey is known to sometimes contain Clostridium Botulinum Spores. This bacteria can multiply rapidly in your baby's intestine and develop into Infant Botulism. Infant Botulism occurs mainly in infants below 6 months old. The symptoms include constipation, weak cries and difficulty sucking on the breasts or bottles. Liquid natural sweeteners such as corn syrup, agave nectar and even maple syrup can pose a risk to Infant Botulism. Hence, use fruit purees as a source of sweeteners instead! Do watch out for sneaky sources of sweeteners in biscuits and snacks too!
 
2. Cow's Milk and Soy Milk
It is always the best to give your baby breast milks, instead of a carton cow's milk! Carton cow's milk or soy milk may contain protein that is difficult for your baby to digest! The milk also contains minerals that may potentially harm your baby's kidneys!
 
3. Fish that has a high mercury content
Fishes such as mackerel and tuna, contains high level of mercury. Such mercury content is too high for your infant child!
 
.4. Unpasteurized Products
Unpasteurized products such as unpasteurized cheese, milk or yogurt can pose a risk of slight food poisoning in young infants. This is because these products may contain harmful bacteria that is normally removed in the pasteurized process.
 
5. Acidic food
Food such as berries, lemon and even pineapples may be difficult for your little baby to digest. Citrus fruits are also too acidic for your baby to have. This can cause rashes and even an upset tummy for your poor little one!

Leave a comment